- A Jamican activist is petitioning his government to ban an anti-LGBT American pastor from entering the country. The pastor, Steven Anderson, has said that gay men should be stoned to death and he celebrated the Pulse nightclub. By the sounds of things, Anderson should be banned from just about everywhere.
- The LGBT powerlifting championship has added a new category for ‘Mx’, or gender non-confirming people to compete.
- St. Vincent has been announced as part of the Coachella lineup.
It’s a notably poppier lineup than usual, with a lack of bands and DJs. But St. Vincent, so: ?
— Coachella (@coachella) January 3, 2018
- The Fosters has been cancelled at Freeform, though it’s not all bad as a spin-off has been ordered. The Fosters was groundbreaking for its portrayal of two moms and their extended brood.
The show will wrap up with a two-hour finale, which will also be the 100th episode. A three-episode summer event will introduce the spinoff series/next generation with Callie and Mariana’s adventures in the future.
- In Reno, the windows of an LGBT centre were smashed in an apparent act of vandalism on Tuesday night around 7pm. Staff members are urging anyone who may know anything to contact the police.
- A priest in Hong Kong has cancelled a planned LGBT Christmas Midnight Mass after the diocese’ auxiliary bishop “reminded him” that being gay is a sin. Which: tattoos and mixed synthetics are also sins in the Bible, so let’s take it with a pinch of salt, eh?
- Singer and bisexual baller, Halsey, has been papped on a PRIVATE boat snorting an illegal substance. Halsey is a grown adult and can do as she pleases, so long as she’s safe. The reason this story is in ‘the bad’ section is because she has a boyfriend now, and therefore isn’t dating me.
- A lesbian mother and her daughter have been shot and killed. The alleged shooter is the son of the mother’s partner.
- Noted prick, Piers Morgan, recently grilled Caitlyn Jenner about her transition, including probing and unnecessary questions about her genitals. For her part, Jenner (who has made plenty of her own missteps) shut Morgan down.
- A lesbian couple had the flight from hell when they were verbal and physical abuse from a homophobe on the plane. Cat Franke, one half of the couple in question, wrote a Facebook post to the airline which has seen gone mildly viral: