We’re off to a good start to 20-gay-teen, friends!
- SPOILER, Karolina kissed Nico on Marvel’s Runaways last night – which: yay for more queers in Marvel. The show has the potential to be great, but it’s far too much of a pastiche – and a jumbled one at that. And yes, we are now reporting queer TV shows as news. (Tbf, it’s been a slow news day.)
- Homeless LGBT Ukrainians (bad) have been offered shelter in Kiev (good). While it’s legal to be LGBT in the Ukraine, homophobia is widespread: it scored just 19 out of 100 points in a 2016 survey by EU-funded Rainbow Europe ranking LGBT rights.
- The trailer for Saturday Church, the first LGBT wide release of 2018, has dropped. It tells the story of Ulysses, a 14-year-old faced with the challenge of being the ‘man of the house’ after his father’s death.
- As of yesterday, transgender people will be allowed to join the US military after the Pentagon was forced to comply with federal ruling. Suck on that one, orange fart.
Trump famously tweeted that trans people wouldn’t be allowed in the US military “in any capacity” because of the “tremendous medical costs and disruption.” Four lawsuits challenging Trump’s order are currently moving through the courts.
- Two people who were arrested for waving rainbow flags at a concert in Egypt have been released on bail.
- Our bae, Samira Wiley, has released new photos from her wedding. We’re not saying that they make us believe in true love but…
- A federal judge has refused to allow an injunction to ban trans students limited entry to a female locker room in Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211.
- According to Michelle O’Neill, leader of Sinn Féin, gay people are “treated as second class” citizens in Northern Ireland. Thanks to the DUP and the demented Arlene Foster, Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that still bans same-sex marriage.
- Chechnya continues to be a garbage fire. On top of concentration camps for LGBT people, Mover Eskarkhanov – the first Chechnyan to publicly come out as gay – has told how he was shamed, sent death threats, and forced to apologise on national TV “for being gay”.
- A gay couple in America have reportedly been thrown out of an Uber for kissing.
- A Facebook video has gone viral of an “ex” lesbian’s account of how praying turned her straight. To quote Callie Torres, you can’t pray away the gay.
? ? ? ?